A handmade belt pouch, perfect for Renaissance festival costumes, cosplay, and everyday wear. The design of your choice is hand-tooled on the top flap.
- Crafted from 5-6 oz. vegetable tanned cow leather.
- Inner dimensions approximately 5.5" by 4.5" by 3".
- 2 metal D rings on the sides of the pouch allow you to attach a strap or carry your keys on a carabiner clip.
- Closure is braided cotton cord with wooden or metal beads that loops over a button. Buttons by default will be an antler tip, but other options are available upon request.
- Edges are rounded and burnished for comfort.
- Back of leather is stained for a sleek look.
- Wide belt loop will fit most belt sizes with ease, and has sturdy snaps on it so you don't need to remove your belt in order to put it on or take it off.
Every execution of a design is a little different. If you'd like, you can have control over these details. For bracers, details include border style and slight variations in the design. You may want your Norse dragon to have pupils, or for the body to be filled with dots instead of cross hatching, etc.
Please keep in mind that this is only for small details--if you need me to alter the pattern or redraw parts of a design, I'll be happy to do so, but I will have to set up a custom listing for you so please send me a message first.
Please note that the color of your piece might vary slightly from the featured swatches due to the variance of both screens and leather. The brighter colors (green, purple, and blue) have greater variation than the browns and black.
Why does blue cost more? All of my stains are a one-step antique process except for blue, which is two steps. For this reason, all custom work that uses my blue stain has an additional charge.
If you want your bracers to really pop, you can pick a secondary color as well, which means that the design and border will be a different color from the base. It is usually painted, allowing for a huge range of colors, including metallics and white. If you want a color not listed, or a specific shade, include that in the custom requests box.
Care and feeding
My leather pieces are covered in a water-based sealant that is water-RESISTANT but not water-PROOF, so avoid submersion and torrential rain. For added water resistance and suppleness, they've been treated on both sides with mink oil. For cleaning, you can spot clean with a damp cloth, or use a soft-bristled brush and a glycerine cleaner like Oakwood. You may wish to occasionally treat them with another coat of mink oil and/or a waterproofing spray like Gardmore Rain and Stain Repellent. Don't store your pieces in direct sunlight, which can cause brighter dyes like purple, blue, and green to fade. The color of leather develops over time, as it can tan much like human skin does.